Tuesday, January 3, 2012

You have reached your destination....

What?!  Where?  I don't see Costco....

Lol, so I brought the TomTom with us to Maui, but so far he hasn't proven to be good for much.  I punched in Costco, which was only a mile and a half from the airport, and he told us to turn down this random road, which ended at a helipad BEHIND the airport, and announced halfway down the road that we had reached our destination.  Ahhhhh, what?!  We pull over, and I call Korey to have her google the address to Costco so I can punch that in.  Just then, a very wonderful and kind police officer pulls up next to us and asks us what's up.  We told him we were lost, and he led us to the Costco, which was completely in the other direction!  lol.

Costco was packed, but was a nice familiar place.  Milk is $4.45 a gallon there.  We decided to wait on that, and bought some dinners and basics like trash bags, paper plates, and toilet paper.

Oh, and the flight was uneventful.  (I just realized when I downloaded the pictures off the camera that I got ahead of myself a little bit...lol.)  Justin and I ended up not sitting next to each other, which was a pretty big bummer for me, but oh well.  We assumed because there was only a middle seat available that the people on each side of me didn't know each other, but apparently they were a couple and booked both end seats?  I thought that was kind of bizarre, but they were willing to sit next to each other so Justin was behind me.  I read a lot of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which is amazing, by the way, and played my new mario DS game I bought for the trip.

Justin and I at SeaTac, bright and early!

Also, when we picked up our luggage, one of our boxes that we packed had been ripped open by TSA and searched.  I found out later that they also went through our splenda suitcase (see previous post), and a large handful of the packets were opened--I don't know if TSA did that, or if that was just a hazard of throwing 800 splenda packet into a suitcase, but either way, what a mess!






The drive to the house from the main town where the airport is is supposed to take a half hour.  I think it took us closer to an hour because of traffic.  You go through the little town of Paia, which I'm super excited to explore later, but definitely leads to a slow drive down the Hana Highway.  That's okay though, we're in Maui now!  :)  We didn't have any trouble finding the place, as our landlord just used the mile markers as a guide, and and the TomTom only told us wrong by like a mile...lol.

You have to drive through a private gate with a code on it to get to our house.  There are 4 other houses behind this gate as well.  (Also, there are cows!  Justin almost hit one in the dark when we left to go to the store later...it was just chilling next to the gate, and stepped in front of our car when we came back in the gate.  Crazy cow!) 







The pictures of the house from the realtor's website are spot on!  Usually, a place looks a lot more awesome than it actually is, but this place is better.  I love how open the space is, and how many windows there are.  I even have my own little stream right outside the sliding glass door!  The picture to the left is right next to the stream!




Well, I think that's all I have for now.  Justin made me ravioli and broccoli for dinner, and I just got out of the shower.  I love the hot, but my body is still adjusting!  The shower was much needed....lol.  Justin just hooked up the xbox with netflix, and I think we're going to cuddle until I pass out.  I'm not sure exactly what we have planned for tomorrow....definitely going to explore, and hit up a beach!  I'm really excited to see all the different towns so I can get an idea of where I want to live, and I should probably go make an appearance at Old Navy and introduce myself to the manager there....Maybe next week.  :)

Good night guys!  Oh, and we don't have cell phone reception in the house at all.  So if you text me, and I don't respond, its because I haven't left the house.  Shaun was telling us that you just have to hunt around to find a good spot, and also told us about a program you can install that allows you to listen to your voice mails on your computer so you know when someone calls. Hopefully I can get skype up and running soon too!  

3 comments:

  1. They may have thought your splenda was some sort of drug, because it probably didn't show as packages on the x-rays. ICE is super popular in Hawaii and has a white-powdery look, along with coke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything was relatively fine. And im glad the rental is as soon as it looked, I was worried.
    Loves to you from Walla Walla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you kids made it safely. Looks like a wonderful spot. Enjoy....grandma and grandpa

    ReplyDelete