Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Go girl, its your birthday. Open wide, I know you're thirsty. Say Aah!

My foxy birthday dress!  :)
Excited for sushi!  :)

Soooo....today is my 24th birthday!  :)  And I get to celebrate it in beautiful Maui paradise!  :)
The Limestreet Roll.  Shrimp tempura, inside spicy Tuna,
topped off with lime and cilantro.  AMAZING!
For the birthday festivities, I got to dress up and we went to an awesome sushi place in Haiku.  When we got there, we were the only people there.  (Everyone eats tacos on Tuesdays, right?  Haha.)  This restaurant got raving reviews on Yelp, and they completely lived up to them!  Have you ever had a vegetarian sushi roll that had pumpkin, asparagus, and carrots in it and is topped off with apples and mangoes?  Sounds very weird, but it was surprisingly one of the tastiest things I've ever had!  I didn't even have a chance to remember to take a picture of it before Justin and I devoured the roll...lol. 


Besides being my birthday, the day was also pretty eventful and productive!  Justin had to work a 10-1 today, so we drove into town together and I ran errands while he was at work.  I went to the Department of Education first to get all of my paperwork for subbing.  I found out that I don't have to take the subbing class as long as I can show them my teaching certificate!  Awesome!

Next I went across the street to the social security office to apply for a new SS card...at some point between Pullman/Burien/Maui, I lost my card.  I need it for my new coffee job as well as to sub.  There was only 1 other guy in the office, and I was in and out in 10 minutes.

Theennnnn...I needed to find the health center.  I also needed to get a TB test for both subbing and coffee.  Because I have a hard time following directions and because sometimes the TomTom doesn't speak English, that was a mini-adventure.  15 minutes, 3 turn-arounds, and 1.5 miles later, I found the place!  They don't actually do the tests until 2 PM, but at least I found the damn building!  :)

The mall came next!  I grabbed my favorite Starbucks drink (don't tell my new work!  lol) and wandered around.  I found suitable work shoes, and even found an awesome bra for $5!  I'm so proud of my $5 dollar bra...lol.  I considered getting a pedicure, but decided I really didn't want to shell out the $30 for it. 

 At 1, I picked up Justin from work and we went to go get our TB tests together.  (Justin needs one in case he decides to sub!)  We grabbed lunch at Costco, and I bought socks...yay!  :)  We headed home and watched Jeopardy (my favorite!), and then headed out to sushi dinner!  mmmmmm.  :)

I should probably hit the sack--I have job training tomorrow and Thursday!  I'm stoked to get actual espresso trained--when I worked at Flix I had no formal training....haha.  After work I'm going to check out an apartment that is available for rent.  We also put in an application at a 2 bedroom ohana over the weekend--I'll have to follow up with that lady tomorrow too!  Hopefully she liked us, because the place was super cute.  :)  It'll be nice to have a place a bit closer to work...right now my drive is 50ish minutes to the coffee shop.  But the drive doesn't bother me because there's hardly any traffic and I'm in Maui!  yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment