Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My new ride

Been awhile since I wrote a post, and the last few days have actually been pretty eventful. First off we both now have jobs! I have a gig waving a sign in front of one of those cash for gold kind of places. Not too bad of a gig considering I get to stand outside in the awesome weather and listen to music all day. It's only a couple days a week so it still lets me look for a more permanent solution, but its nice to have a little money coming in instead of going out.

Kayleen has a job as well, in fact she got two of them. She finally got ahold of the Old Navy manager and got put on the schedule. It just so happened that we were also heading down to a job fair in Kihei for a new coffee shop opening in some hoity toity mall in Wailea (a little south of Kihei). She turned in her resume, had a little interview, and was hired on the spot as a barista. I guess it is a really rich area so allegedly the tips will be pretty good. Tomorrow she is going with Shaun to visit some of her teaching friends so that she can get in subbing. So by the end of the week she might have 3 jobs.

And in even more exciting news we bought a moped today! Well I guess I bought a moped since it might take an act of God to get Kayleen on it. It's a blast to ride. It's only a 50cc so it tops out about 40mph or so depending on wind/hills/etc. It works great for getting around the island as there are only a few stretches where the speed limit hits 55 and they tend to have nice bike lanes/shoulders that I can ride on. I went with the 50cc because I don't need a special license and I don't have to insure it. I'm also excited to check out the gas mileage since they tend to get between 80-100mpg. It only cost $650 for the bike, a helmet, and some clear glasses for night riding (sunglasses work great during the day, not so safe at night).

Here's some pics of me and the moped, sorry I don't know how to do all the fancy formatting that Kayleen does.




No comments:

Post a Comment