Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 4

Nothing crazy exciting has happened.  Well, besides living in Maui.  :)

We picked up our car yesterday!  And ran her through the car wash today, because she was very salty!  We have to take her to get her inspected, and then we can go to the DMV and get her registered here on the island.  And we have to transfer insurance, and all of that fun stuff.  But it will have to wait until Monday!  :)

Today we went to the beach--finally!  Yay!  I didn't last very long though, considering it was my first long term sun exposure.  I lathered up in the car, but after 40 minutes or so of reading  my book, I was on fire.  I reapplied, took a quick dip, and then we packed up and walked around South Kihei.  There were lots of cute shops and it was nice to just walk.  We were looking for a place to eat awesome happy hour specials at, but we were a little bit early (it was only a quarter to three), so we settled on this place called Cafe o'Lei (cute, right?)

It was a fantastic pick because their lunch special was a Parmesan-encrusted ono with rice.  Ono is fish, and is was amazingly delicious.  I could get used to just eating fish around here...and pineapple!


Justin got to go snorkling, which is pretty much his favorite thing to do.  I dunked myself to cool off, but other than that, I just read my book.  Started The Girl who Played with Fire today, and I can hardly put it down!  :)

Justin called me outside to look at a bug that was underneath the lawn chair...I have no idea what it was.  It was a cross between a stick bug and a preying mantis with giant wings.  Super creepy.  And I have a geiko friend that lives on the shade outside the kitchen window.  He eats spiders and mosquitoes for me, so we're friends.  (The first night we got here, I got at least 8 bites on my legs and back while Shaun was giving us a tour of the place.  Mosquitoes and I are not friends, and the two that have gotten into our place since have been ended...lol.)

I didn't get a burn from today, but I'm feeling pretty wiped out.  And I think I can see the beginning of a tan coming on!  :)

Weird bug alert!
My geiko friend who lives outside the window

No comments:

Post a Comment