Sunday, January 15, 2012

General whatevers :)

 These daylillies bloomed outside the front door a couple of days ago, and by that evening, they were gone again.  How strange that something so beautiful is only around for a couple of hours. 

Today we traveled into town to go to Savers (Maui's version of Value Village).  They were having their 50% off MLK sale, so I treated myself to 3 dresses (yay!).  I found one for my birthday next week--Justin said he would take me out, most likely on Sunday since we have to be out of the house all day long anyways--Shaun's realtor is having an open house from 11-5:30, and we can't really hang around the house during the showing.  I can't believe I'm turning 24...haha.  :)


I turned in 2 resumes over the weekend--1 for a consignment store job and 1 for a part-time barista position at a coffee cart.  On Wednesday, I'm going to attend a job fair in Kihei for a new coffee/tea place that is opening at the end of January, as well as turn in my resume at another coffee place that is accepting apps for a barista.

What happened to Old Navy, right?  Well, I'm still waiting for my manager to transfer me to the Kahului store.  When I talked to him the first week we were here, he said he would call my manager and get back to me by Monday the 9th.  Well, that was a week ago, and I've been playing phone tag with him ever since.  Either my phone reception is too crappy to talk to him, or he's not in when I do call.  Oye.  I'm getting a bit frustrated, so I'm applying other places just in case.  AND, it may turn out that he really can't give me more than 10 hours a week, and I can't pay rent with that.  I don't want to give up Old Navy--I've always loved working there, even when I've butted heads with certain managers.  So I'm not writing them off....yet.  If I can get the subbing to work out, I only need to sub 3 days a week to pay rent.  But I wouldn't mind making coffee part time and subbing, or 10 hours at Old Navy and subbing.  Whatever, I just need a job!

We're also going to check out another place in Kihei on Wednesday.  The place is still tenet-occupied, so its a little harder for it to instantly disappear off the market.  Shaun also told her realtor that we were looking for a place in Kihei, so she said she would keep her ears out for us as well.  :)  Shaun is awesome, if I haven't said that before.  :)

Meet her two dogs, Ollie and Leroy.  They're awesome too.  :)


Well, that's all I've got for now.  We rented Straw Dogs (mostly because it has Eric from True Blood in it...haha), and I need to start it soon.  I always tend to fall asleep if we start a movie after 9 PM.  Haha, I'm old.

No comments:

Post a Comment