Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Venus Pool

The Venus Pool is another stop on the Hana Highway that Justin and I skipped on our first trip around the island. The stop is past Hana Town but before the 7 Sacred Pools. I'm SO glad we made the time to stop this time. It was amazing!

 The Venus Pool, or Waioka Pond, is a beautiful pool that is partially blocked off from the ocean surf. When the tides are high enough, the water from the ocean pounds over the wall and brings ocean water in and out of the pond. The rocks surrounding the pool make for excellent cliff jumping, which both Justin and Chris got to experience first hand. I, on the other hand, had to work myself up by screaming out loud in order to jump off of a 6 foot ledge...lol.

*Picture credits go to Chris/Chris's camera.  :)*


Climbing down to the lower ledges


Contemplating how to ease into the water...haha.

Justin wasted no time getting in!

Chris contemplating the jump....

And jump!!

woohooooo!

Korey thinks this is a better jumping platform.  :)



Even this lower one for me was too much....lol

But I jumped anyways!

This girl was visiting from Canada...Justin took approximately 16 pictures of her...putz!

Nice view of the pond...and the Canadian tourist...bahahaha

Jump #2


The view from behind us...water run from upcountry and feeds the pool

Another ridiculous jump by Chris

An ancient Portuguese Bread Oven at the top of the trail head

Chris told me to get inside the oven with my husband...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment