Friday, September 21, 2012

Haleakala Sunrise!

My sister Korey and friend Chris visited us last week. So I got to play tourist the whole week! :)

Their first full day here, we woke up at 3:30 AM to head up to the summit of Haleakala to watch the sunrise. Justin and I haven't had the opportunity to get up there yet, mostly because we didn't want to get up that early...lol.

We left Kihei by 4 AM--it took nearly an hour and a half to get to the top. It was FREEZING...haha. 46 degrees to be exact. Definitely the coldest I've been in awhile. :)

The sunrise was at 6:11 AM, and was worth ever bit of no sleep that I got. :) And without further ado, here are the pictures. They don't need words. :)










My FAVORITE picture.  :)











1 comment:

  1. These turned out so well! The photographer must have been very handsome :)

    ReplyDelete