Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We're getting so close!

Justin drove the Kia to Tacoma today, and its now on a boat waiting to be shipped to Maui!

In two weeks I will be in Maui.  HOLY. WOW.  It still doesn't seem real.

My last day of school was yesterday :(, so now its time to figure out what to pack, and to start applying for jobs.  I talked to the manager of the Old Navy in Maui, and he said he didn't know how many hours he would be able to give me initially...  :/  soooo, I'm going to apply other places as well.  I can't really do anything about subbing until we get there, because before I can even take the subbing certification class, I have to have a signed note from an area principal.  Weird, right?  Yesterday a post for a head start teacher popped up on craigslist!  I need to get my resume to them asap.  There is also a nannying job called Happy Kids that sounds right up my alley--you get to nanny for folks on vacation!  :)

We need to get in touch with the owner of the studio were initially staying with so I can find out if we can ship our stuff to her house, or if she lives too far into upcountry for that to work.  I think we can also just ship it to the local post office and pick it up when we get there.  I'm stoked that I can ship all my children's books via media mail!  That way I can bring a lot of them and not have it cost a ton.  :)

So far I've bagged up one garbage bag full of heavy winter stuff that we won't be taking with us, and I have a little folded pile of my shorts and dresses.  And that's as far as I've gotten...lol.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and Justin ...You will have so much fun and such a great choice for a new adventure you will never forget and yes I would love to come and visit Christmas 2012 look out beach here we come.... . :0) Love you Aunt Libby and Uncle Nine Toes

    ReplyDelete